What a wonderful time of year: the weather is still warm, excitement is building over back-to-school and other upcoming fall adventures, and the fields are overflowing with produce. There are so many delicious vegetables to choose from, it can be difficult to decide on just one. Thankfully we have a solution for that – use them all! This pasta salad is loaded with all our favourite summer veggies and coated with a tangy, creamy sauce. Pairing the veggies and sauce with whole wheat noodles and protein-packed black beans makes for an end result that is full of fibre, super satisfying, and oh-so-delicious. Try it today and let us know what you think!
2 cups whole wheat pasta
1 can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
1 red pepper, diced
1 zucchini, diced
2 cobs corn, cooked and sliced off the cob
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
¼ cup Greek yogurt
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
3 cloves garlic, minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare beans and vegetables and toss together in a large bowl.
- Add pasta to the vegetables and toss again.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, milk, spices, and garlic.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well, until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve – enjoy!
Recipe created by Alex Chesney, RD